Random Thoughts of a Restless Mind tagged me and I'm always up for answering some questions :o)
The 'rules' with this award/game is to answer the following questions, and add one more question to the roll before tagging others.
I, MJ, am calling it a game, because I am boycotting awards. I think there is too much stigma attached to awards. We all are AWESOME in our own way and I don't want to contribute to the popularity contest!
What a wonderful way to learn more about your favorite followers?
1. What is your current obsession?
making sure everyone's hands are washed
2. What are you wearing today?
oh so fashionable scrubs - navy pants and a butterfly/paisley patterned shirt
3. What’s for dinner?
Steak, fries, corn
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Haircolor & facial cream - OH wait, I just purchased Jake Owen tickets
5. What are you listening to right now?
Katy Perry - Waking Up in Vegas
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
That she has alot more potiential than she gives herself credit for. A lover, giver, passionate - all around wonderful person
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Anywhere that the temp stays in the 60/70's
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Flip-Flops, t-shirts, & capris
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
A beach - ALONE
10. Which language do you want to learn?
either French or German
11. What’s your favorite quote?
"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers make sure you hands are clean!" Bob Marley
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
hmm, whomever would like to meet me
13. What is your favorite color?
Purple, blue-green, blue, green
14. Give us 3 styling tips that work for you.
* bobbypins are a must have
* less is more (glitz, make-up, hair product)
* you don't really want to be taking style tips from me
15. What is your dream job?
one where I can help others that are less fortunate
16. What’s your favorite magazine?
which ever one I pick up in the lobby that isn't a year old
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Goose's birthday party that she wants so bad
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
underwear sticking out of pants, muffin tops (there is no need ppl, they make pants in a whole range of sizes)
19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
don't really pay attn, but the one person that stands out that I can not stand in Lady Gaga
20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
chin to shoulder length bob with a wedge
21. What are you going to do after this?
lunch then work some more
22. What are your favorite movies?
Patch Adams, Hope Floats - those are the 2 that jump out at me
23. What inspires you?
As I drive into work and watch the sun rise I sit and reflect in awe that I am given the opportunity to start each day anew. My girls pure wonder at the world around them
24. What do your friends call you most commonly?
Mary or MJ
25. Would you prefer coffee or tea?
Depends on the time of day. Coffee in the AM for sure
26. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Write, Cry, walk (prefer in a woods)
27. What makes you go wild?
hahahaha - very select few know that and that is how it is going to stay
28. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
each and every one I do ;o)
29. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
tough call - I would have to say Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
30. How many tabs are turned on in your browser right now?
just this one
31. Favorite Season?
Late Spring and Early Fall
32. If I come to your house now, what would u cook for me?
BBQ Ribs or Lasagna
33. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
I am still trying to figure this one out. But I like Heather's answer: don't give them an in. Don't play into their hands....let their drama, be THEIR drama. it's hard to fight with someone who won't engage in the fight.
34. What are you afraid of the most?
hurting others, being a failure
35. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
goodness gracious I'm getting old
36. What brings a smile on your face instantly?
the girls giggles
37. A word that you say a lot?
hello, please, thank you
38. What would you do if you were made President for one day?
hightail it out of there. I do not want that job at all
39. What is that one thing that keeps you going?
Knowing that I have been blessed with such amazing people in my life
40. What word drives you crazy when you hear it?
retard - I will not get on my soap box
41. Angelina Jolie....did you like her better as a sinner, or her now as a saint?
Sinner - I think she was more genuine to herself
42. What one word would you or a friend use to describe you to someone who has never seen you?
Rules for those who are tagged: Respond and rework – answer these questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own, and add one more question to the list. Then tag some more and learn a little bit about your followers.
I would like to offer this up to anyone who would like to take on the challenge. I would *heart* to know more about each and every one of you. If you choose to do it, just let me know in the comments that way I can be sure to check out your answers (you have to understand, my head is like swiss cheese, and I am sometimes a bad blogger and do not get to go to everyones sites every.single.day.)
Love to all