Tuesday, January 19, 2010

the secret of the gummiberry juice

As I sit here munching on my Cinnamon Bears (oh so yummy) I am reminded of Gummy Bears.  And what should pop in my head but the ever popular 80's cartoon - the Gummi Bears

Ah fond memories.

I remember the anticipation of Saturday morning cartoons.  I could not wait for the day to come and would always wake up super early so I wouldn't miss a moment. 

Fast forward to today & I am left sitting here pondering where the magic of cartoons has disappeared to.  Could the 24/7 access to cartoons have created a "meh, I don't care" attitude?  Also, is it just me or does it seem like there is no real "plot" behind several of the new cartoons?  Of course, as I reflect on the cartoons I watched, I am sure my parents felt the same.  I can just imagine them going "Oh Lord, not this again"

What was your favorite cartoon growing up?

mine: (I couldn't just choose one, in no particular order) 







MJ

6 comments:

Lee said...

Well, we are in different eras..so, I would have to say the Jetsons or the Flintstones. And now, my kids love to watch both!!

Unknown said...

I adored the Jetsons and Gummi Bears...and weren't they only on Saturday mornings?!?!? I lived for those mornings...

Unknown said...

Jetsons was a must. Along with Looney Tunes and we also adored the Flintstones! We would also walk downtown to the movie theater, in the summer, to watch old John Wayne westerns, Abbot and Costello, and Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. Favorite TV shows included I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Leave it to Beaver and My Three Sons. Oh the memories!

HeatherLynn said...

I loved the smurfs, muppet babies, Rainbow Bright, and of course Charlie Brown.

xoxox
~hl~

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

My brothers and I liked to watch the newer Looney Tunes after school, with Pinky & The Brain. I think there is too much access, kids don't have that anticipation we used to have. Of course, there was Nickelodeon and Disney Channel when I was growing up but we didn't get cable until I was in high school.

Holly Lefevre said...

I do not remember that Gummi Bears (too old perhaps...me not the gummi bears). I LOVED he Flintstones. I used to get up early and get ready for school so I could watch them.