Wednesday, March 31, 2010

FREEDOM

I don't know if hanging around the "fiery redhead" has rubbed off on this mousy-brown haired girl or what, but let me tell you - I haven't felt this feisty & strong in a long time.

Sunday & Monday sucked donkey balls - no if, ands, or buts about it.  Days like that use to drain me, but for some reason Tuesday & Today I have felt better than I have in a long time.

I am pretty sure it has to do with the fact that I was finally able to say what I want & not feel like I was walking on eggshells. 

And for some reason today I have been walking around singing "FREEDOM" in my head.  ALL.DAY.LONG :o)


I do need your all opinions though please!  If you had someone come back in your life, and after getting some answers that they were seeking, they continued to talk - would you not think that things were ok between you.  Not perfect, not great, but ok.  AND when you asked said person if they really wanted you in their life and they didn't say no, or they answered "you don't have to shush" when you say you will be quiet - would you not think things were ok??

I guess my thinking was faulty and those things really don't mean that at all - but know what I DON'T CARE!!!!!!  FREEDOM

4 comments:

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

I would go with your instinct. I'm glad you're feeling better :)

Farmer Jim said...

Sounds like you've dealing with the same kind of BS I have for the last 6 months, just our roles are reversed. The whole leaving things unsaid thing must be a female trait. lol

Anyway, I'd think it's always best to just lay everything out there on the table. If there are problems or issues, address them rather than dragging them out for weeks or months. If there's specific reasons or events that caused things to happen, just say so.

Using my own recent torment as an example, there's nothing worse than being in a relationship that ends when you don't have a clue why it ended. I'm over her and have put what we had behind me, but at the same time I still wonder WTF happened most every day. It's left me with a lot of animosity towards her - not because it's over, but simply because she's never had the decency to be completely open and honest with me about why she chose to end it and what specifically led her to that decision.

HeatherLynn said...

Well...i can tell you, this whole not being afraid to be strong, not feeling too "uncomfortable" to say what you want, to tackle things head on has made me feel SOOOOOO much better than I've felt in ages. I know in your situation things aren't quite like my own, but seriously, to tell my boss exactly what i wanted, with tact and but brutal honesty...utterly refreshing. To not wring my hands with worry...but to just stand up and be like "here's what's up"...and just put things out there...and be totally unapologetic about it....there's amazing freedom in that....the female spirit is an amazing gift, an uninhibited one.....as powerful as forces of nature m'dear. harness yours wisely...use it. It's yours.

~hl~

MJ said...

Jim - first & foremost - get rid of the noreply-comment@blogger.com PLEASE. I love answering by email & I can't with you *sniff*

Ok, with that said -

HEY NOW, there are MANY men that shut us women out too without a word - so don't be stereotyping :oP

It is best to just lay it out there, but the people pleaser in me is always running a filter. It allows me to put up with a lot of crap. Don't get me wrong, if I am upset that filter shuts off & I spout off the first thing I think. *BAD in so many ways & I'm working on that*

Let me share something - what I learned in this situation - it is best to forgive & forget. If she didn't have enough decency to leave the relationship as an adult, well that isn't your fault. Don't beat yourself up because it is her flaw, her issues to work on.

MJ