Friday, March 12, 2010

Joy

No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. Psalm 16:9, NLT


David’s heart was glad—he had found the secret to joy. True joy is far deeper than happiness; we can feel joy in spite of our deepest troubles. Happiness is temporary because it is based on external circumstances, but joy is lasting because it is based on God’s presence within us.


As we contemplate his daily presence, we will find contentment. As we understand the future he has for us, we will experience joy. Don’t base your life on circumstances, but on God.

2 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

will give it my best shot! :)

you kill yourself on those skates yet? I hope you're wearing shin guards and elbow thingeys...you are right?!

Oh, and saturday morning, before I get my tattoo, you want to go to TNT, i don't have to be at my appointment until like 3 or 3:30.

~hl~

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

I need to find the joy in today- it's raining (again), the kids aren't at school, and I have a headache. But I'm not complaining, I swear!