Here are just some of the ways that my family & I are trying to save our wonderful Earth & be green.
* when packing lunches, we use re-usable containers instead of ziptop bags
* we have made it a game to see who can find/point out the items we can recycle in the home (which leads to an over flowing recycle bin every two weeks!!)
* I have made an honest effort to NOT use the plastic grocery bags. Instead we have purchased several of the re-usable ones - I will never go back to plastic. These bags are so sturdy and hold SO much more. (If I happen to forget my bags and I am too lazy or strapped down with kiddos, I make sure to ask for paper and if that is not available, I take the plastic bags to the recycle bin at our Wal-Mart)
* instead of grabbing a styrofoam cup every morning for water and coffee, I have purchased/brought in re-usable water jugs and mugs.
* we use compact fluorescent lightbulbs
* the thermostat is programable, and I have it set so that it is way cooler during the day and at night and I turned it down/up 2 degrees (depending on season)
* we RARELY use paper towels. Even for cleaning I have dedicated rags or old mis-matched socks.
* I use vinegar to clean as much as possible!
* AND NOW I CAN USE THE WONDERFUL PSA ESSENTIALS STAMPER THAT I WON FROM HOLLY @ 504 MAIN (it is going green right, because before I would print my own labels, then end up losing them and printing more and this is WAY too cool for me to lose)
I am sure there are more, but I am running out of time! Remember - RUN TO ERIN'S PLACE NOW!!!