Thursday, July 16, 2009

A blessing from Wednesday

Yesterday I was trying to avoid someone that was part of my life the previous 7 months. I was going to walk on by and pretend I didn't see him, but he lifted his arm as to say hi. I took a deep breath and approached him, worrying about how I was going to keep my composure. We exchanged the usual pleasantries and he updated me on how he was recovering. Then he made it a point to tell me that he wasn't mad at me. That what happened happened and it was in the past. He acknowledged that I had sent him a letter, and admitted he didn't know how to respond. I told him I understood, but felt I needed to say sorry. I gave him a little update on me and the girls, leaving out how I still hear every other day how much E misses his niece. And he reminded me that I have potential and two wonderful girls - and said that I should leave the past in the past. I admitted to him I am trying and each day gets better, but it still is hard because I do think of their family and care for them. We ended the conversation on good terms and said we would see each other around the hospital for his cardiac rehab (it's down the hall from my office) and his pacemaker checks.
I did get teary eyed for I didn't expect forgiveness, yet I received it. What a blessing!

No comments: