Friday, September 25, 2009

the joy of small towns

I am very open with sharing my experience from June - my philosophy is if I can talk about, educate, and prevent someone else going through the heartache I did, then I will. HOWEVER, it is my story to tell.

I found out today that my OD is well talked about in the community where we chose to send Goose for school. I don't know how I feel about that. How much stigma is being placed on our family because of my mistake? Before I could walk with my head held high, now I am afraid that I will avoid most, if not all, interactions.

I hate this, I try to be strong and not let it get to me - I am human, I made a mistake - but for some reason, this cut me to the core.

Now, before it is said that I was foolish to think that it wouldn't get out - no, I knew it would. I just never expected it to reach as far as it did.

No comments: