Friday, September 11, 2009

Never to be Forgotten

Can you believe it has already been 8 years since that horrible morning on September 11th that changed our world forever? Where were you when the world stopped turning?

I remember sitting on the couch in my apartment thinking what I just saw was a mirage. There was NO way a plane had just crashed into one of the towers. Then it was like I was watching a really horrible replay of the first hit in slow-motion, but wait it was the second tower, so it couldn’t be a replay. As I numbly sat and watched everything pan out on my television I praised the Lord that each and every one of my loved ones were accounted for, and then I prayed for the victims and their families. I had to go into work that afternoon at a group home for adolescents, and tried to keep things as normal for the 10 boys in my care as I could. Many of their questions had been answered while they were in school, but there still was plenty of talk and disbelief.

As painful as it is to remember...we must never forget. I actually would like to think it never happened, but I know it did, and I also know I must remember so that all the lives lost are not in vain.

My heart will always think about all the people who suffered that day, lives that would never be the same, and for all the men fighting to make sure we never experience that kind of pain again. Thank you to all the soldiers who are protecting me so I can live in America and be safe again!9/11 should never be forgotten. It is part of our life forever. Yes, life goes on but the fear, pain and shock we all felt that terrible day is a reminder that we have paid a high price for our freedom and I know I will never take it for granted. I am so proud to be an American....

Where were you 8 years ago and what do you remember about that day?

No comments: