Friday, September 4, 2009

reaction

I am ashamed of I how I reacted over something. I let my call-it-as-it-is attitude and anger over someone trying to be better-than-thou as an opportunity to say things I swore I would take to the grave. I let my emotions rule my thoughts – I figured if you were out to hurt me what the heck, why not do the same. So I let loose with just a portion of things that have been shared with me. Stupid I know and I do regret it – just a little bit. I should have bit my tongue harder (ok sat on my fingers) and kept telling myself it’s not worth it. But I didn’t and now I have to live with the guilt of what was said – how it made the person feel – how it probably pissed off the person who told me these things in the first place.

I will not lose sleep over this; I refuse to lose anymore over this situation. But it doesn’t mean I’m not sorry for my reaction. I knew better. SIGH



A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action, not reaction. ~ Rita Mae Brown

No comments: