Friday, August 28, 2009

Don't Think I Don't Think About It

But don't think I don't think about it
Don't think I don't have regrets
Don't think it don't get to me
Between the work and the hurt and the whiskey
Don't think I don't wonder 'bout
Could've been, should've been all worked out
I know what I felt, and I know what I said
But don't think I don't think about it
And we make choices, we gotta live with it
~ Darius Rucker ~

This chorus could totally be my thoughts some days. I don't want to think about it, I don't want to wonder. But it's true, we do have to live with our choices. I know I didn't make the right ones several times, but that is life - I have learned from them and hopefully will not make the same ones again. I hope that the other's involved have learned from them too.
One day I will look back at the past year and not have what if moments. I already am at the point that I know a certain someone was in my life for a reason and I am ok that she isn't a part of it now. I am glad that she was there when she was because she really did teach me alot. I also know that she has a lot of things she needs to work on herself and I am not the right person to help her with them. She knows what she needs to do and only she can do it. As for the 3rd of the triangle, she was in my life for a reason also. She helped to stop the black hole from closing in on me a couple times - for that I will be eternally grateful. I just hope she doesn't get hurt more, because I have this gut feeling that the hurt isn't over.


No comments: