Saturday, August 1, 2009

Trust

I was thinking about the trust thing that M brought up and doing some searching because, well that is what I do best.

Trust involves sharing what you really think, believe, and feel. It's about opening up your heart and mind, and letting others do the same. It is risky. It means enabling other people to take advantage of your vulnerabilities—but expecting that they will not do this. Maybe one can argue that there is goodwill involved, in that you don't want anything bad to happen to that person either.

It is the ability to let others into your life so that you and they can create a relationship built on an understanding of mutual respect, caring and concern to assist one another in growing and maturing independently.

I place myself in the vulnerable position because I like to believe that everyone has good qualities and I focus on them, then fool myself into believing that they deserve a little piece of me. By this I mean that if I open up to you, I am laying my heart on the line because I am giving you 100% (yeah I don't know what a little bit is). I always hope that in doing this I will gain someone that I can count on, someone that will care for me like I do others. Each and every time I do this, I get crushed because I am choosing the wrong people to trust. I need to learn to turn to God and the people He blesses me with (like M).

No comments: