Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blessed

As I sit here and listen to my girls giggling, I realize how blessed I am. I have two amazing daughters that are perfect. I am fairly healthy albeit some emotional stuff. I have a roof over my head and food to feed my family. What more can one ask for??

Part of my job is to review history and physicals of all patients having surgery - and there have been a couple here lately that make me stop and pray. I do not know what I would do if I knew that the procedure I am coming in for may or may not work. And if it didn't what would be my outcome, how long would I have to live - to spend with my girls? I do not know what I would do if God determined that I could handle a special needs child and then to be further trialed by incapacitating her further in an accident. Would I be able to handle the fact that my daughter would never walk, talk, smile, or laugh?

I some times forget how precious each moment is - I get so caught up in the day to day rat race that I forget to stop and just be thankful. My goal is to pause thru out the day and just praise the Lord for what I am privileged to partake in - what I have been blessed with - then at the end of the day list in my journal the 3 top blessings.

My challenge to you is do the same. Feel free to leave them here in the comments (I know you all are out there reading this) or start your own journal.

No comments: