Saturday, October 17, 2009

Makes Me Proud

I found the following about my hometown football team, for once I am proud to say that I was a Panther.

Ohio high school's blind team manager scores touchdown this article is from USA Today

Brown has 'cool' opportunity this one is from the local paper

And now they will be on The Today Show this Sunday at 8 am.

An excellent example of what true teamwork is all about! Way to go Panthers!

Now on to something that doesn't make me proud -

Let me set the scene - one day this week I was in the shower, and as any mom knows, the bathroom isn't a sacred place unless you padlock yourself in. Goose comes in, plops herself down on the toilet and proceeds to have this conversation with me.

G: Mom did the test ever come back on my poop?

M: Yes dear it did.

G: What did it say?

M: Your poop or the test?

G: Mooooom, poop can't talk, the test - duh (such my child)

M: It said that you didn't have any bugs causing you to have diarrhea

G: OH, so me being sad did all that?

M: Yes Goose, you being sad and nervous made you have diarrhea.

G: Well I'm glad I'm not as sad, now I wish you wouldn't be sad. Will we ever see her again mom?

M: Goosey dear, mommy isn't sad because of that - and I highly doubt it dear.

G: OH, well that's not right.

I'm telling you this child, at 5, knows and understands WAY too much. The above conversation was in regards to this.

***********

What with my Friday Confession hopes (which was a flop this week, but I am not giving up) and then doing the Friday Fill-Ins I forgot all about my Faithful Friday Bit - OOPS - so here it is, a day late and a dollar short.

Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant. Galations 1:10, NLT

Do you spend your life trying to please everybody? Paul had to speak harshly to the Christians in Galatia because they were in serious danger. He did not apologize for his straight-forward words, knowing that he could serve Christ faithfully if he allowed the Galatian Christians to remain on the wrong track.
Whose approval are you seeking--others' or God? Pray for the courage to seek God's approval above anyone else's.

(kyslp - this was spurred by one of our emails)

1 comment:

Tracie said...

You know, now that I see that verse and your paragraph following it, I remember a sermon on this not too long ago. I probably needed that reminder, huh?

You changed your blog look again! I like this one even better than the last one. Did you do it?