Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekly Wisdom - Peace*

True peace only comes from the Prince of Peace.

Peace does not mean that everything around you is calm and tranquil; true peace means that you are able to remain peaceful during the storms of life.

But this peace, which the Bible promises is available to believers, can only come from God. Jesus said, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace" (John 16:33). In other words, Jesus came so that you could have peace.

Paul tells us, in Philippians 4:6-7, that we can have peace if we don't become anxious about life but instead give our worries to God: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Hand over all of your problems to the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, and He will give you a peace that passes understanding -- a peace that is beyond comprehension.

*It is amazing how He works. I was struggling and He provides me this.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

I have found over and over that there are so many things I can not handle on my own. Only He can.